- Light Absorbance
- Light Drain
- Photon Ingestion
The user can absorb visible light or its partial wavelengths, while removing it from the source, into their body and use it in various ways, gaining some form of advantage, either by enhancing themselves, gaining the drained power, using it as power source etc., either temporarily or permanently.
- Assimilation Shield
- Cloaking/Shadow Generation: creating darkness by absorbing light.
- Color Absorption/Color Generation: absorb light or only certain wavelengths.
- Elemental Enhanced Condition
- Light Immunity
- Invisibility: by absorbing the visible light.
- Light Breath
- Light Empowerment
- Light Generation: by releasing the absorbed light.
- Photokinetic Regeneration
- Dr. Light (DC)
- Yakon (Dragon Ball Z)
- Eclipse Leo (Fairy Tail)
- Sting Eucliffe (Fairy Tail)
- Negative Nick (Pearls Before Swine)
- Gasper Vladi (Highschool DxD); via Forbidden Invade Balor the Beast mode
- Ungoliant (The Silmarillion)
- Vampires (True Blood)
- Eric Northman (True Blood)
- Bill Compton (True Blood)
- The Ray (DC)
- Sunspot (Marvel)
- Light-Eating Z'Grute (Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One)
- Golgoroth (Destiny)
- Black Shadow (Wild Cards)
- Typhilipede (Pathfinder)
- Black Rainbow Flowers (Blessing of the Campanella)
- The Deluminator (Harry Potter)
- Phosphor (The Infernal Devices)
- Sunlight Tree Eve (One Piece)