- "Elaine — you'll die, too. And my curse is knowing that I'll be there to see it. It's my atonement, you see — it's my punishment for lettin' John Coffey ride the lightning. For killing a miracle of God. You'll be gone like all the others, and I'll have to stay. Oh, I'll die eventually; of that, I'm sure. I have no illusions of immortality. But I will have wished for death long before Death finds me. In truth, I wish for it already."
- ― Paul Edgecomb (The Green Mile)
The power to prevent a serious illness, ailment or injury from ending an individual's life. Not to be confused with Healing.
The user can prolong the time a seriously ill or severely injured individual has to live and prevent them from succumbing to death prematurely.
This power may also be used to preserve a severed body part to keep it alive and then simply reattach it instead of having it die from necrosis.
- Biological Manipulation
- Health Manipulation
- Impossible State Survival
- Life-Force Manipulation
- May require constant physical contact.
- Unlike Healing, the power doesn't get rid of the illness; it merely prolongs the individual's life.
- May physically drain the user.
- If the user keeps preventing the illness, it may get worse.
- May not prevent physical injuries.
- Papillon (Buso Renkin)
- Utsuro (Gintama)
- Naruto Uzukaki (Naruto); via Six Paths Sage Mode
- Satan Jacob/Sadao Maou (The Devil Is a Part-Timer)
- Venom (Marvel Comics)
- Grace (Misfits)
- Darth Plagueis (Star Wars)
- Tessa Gray (The Infernal Devices); via the clockwork angel
- Eternity (Pokemon Adventures)
- Clockwork angel (The Infernal Devices)