The power to manipulate latex. Not to be confused with Rubber Manipulation.
The user can create, shape and manipulate latex, a stable dispersion (emulsion) of polymer microparticles in an aqueous medium. It is found in nature, but synthetic latexes can be made by polymerizing a monomer such as styrene that has been emulsified with surfactants.
Latex as found in nature is a milky fluid found in 10% of all flowering plants (angiosperms). It is a complex emulsion consisting of proteins, alkaloids, starches, sugars, oils, tannins, resins, and gums that coagulate on exposure to air. It is usually exuded after tissue injury. In most plants, latex is white, but some have yellow, orange, or scarlet latex. Since the 17th century, latex has been used as a term for the fluid substance in plants. It serves mainly as defense against herbivorous insects. Latex is not to be confused with plant sap; it is a separate substance, separately produced, and with separate functions.
- Attack Powers using latex.
- Constructs Creation using latex.
- Create latex.
- Manipulate the properties of latex.
- Move/lift latex.
- Artificial Element Manipulation
- Plant Manipulation
- Sap Manipulation
- Spring Form
- Rubber Manipulation
- May be unable to create latex, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- Both extreme heat and cold can affect latex.
- Professor Vale (DC Comics)