The ability to cause surfaces you touch to repel objects similar to a magnet. Opposite to Magnetic Skin.
User can cause anything they touch to become charged to repel anything from it like a magnet. The effect can be undone by touching it again. Like lateral magnetizer, heat has no effect on the repulsion. You can fly with this power by charging your hands to push the ground/air or alternatively use this to blast away people. Newton's 3rd law applies when using this power so you need to be careful to prevent backlash. You can selectively change the amount of repulsion possible.
- Touch an object to protect it from ever coming in to human contact again.
- Make someone repel against you whenever they get close to you.
- Brute strength can break through repulsion.
- Very hard to undo your own effects except for the ones on your own body.
- Kongou Mitsuko (A Certain Scientific Railgun); via Ejection Points
- Brick Baxter/Cyber Shadow (The Young Guardians book series)
- Spider-Girl (Marvel Comics/MC2)
- Iron Man (Marvel Comics)
- Misty Knight (Marvel Comics); via bionic right arm
- Static Shock (DC Comics)
- Solty Revant (Solty Rei)