Kitsune before the Moon
Use the traits of kitsune
- Kitsune Mimicry
- Yōko/Yoko Mimicry/Physiology
User with this ability either is or can transform into an kitsune, a fox-spirit, who usually gain their powers by living long and keep growing stronger as they age: the more tails a kitsune has (they may have as many as nine) the older, wiser, and more powerful it is. They are often tricksters, with motives that vary from mischief to malevolence, but some act as faithful guardians, friends, lovers, and even wives.
Stories depict them as intelligent beings and as possessing magical abilities that increase with their age and wisdom. Their powers include illusions, shapeshifting (particularly to human form), possession and especially ability to use fox-fire.
- Canine Physiology
- Claw Retraction
- Decelerated Aging/Semi-Immortality
- Dream Manipulation
- Enhanced Intelligence/Enhanced Wisdom as their age increases.
- Fox-Fire Manipulation
- Illusion Manipulation
- Insanity Inducement
- Life-Force Absorption
- Tail Manifestation
- Curse Inducement
- Hair Manipulation
- Plant Manipulation
- Prehensile Tail
- Supernatural Beauty
- True Illusion
As kitsune grow older they gain more tails, as well as intelligence and magical power, nine-tailed kitsune gain:
- Disaster Manipulation: only available to demonic version of kitsune.
- Shinto Deity Physiology
- Yokai Physiology
- May keep some trait that reveals their true form when shapeshifting, tail, shadow/reflection and facial features being the most common.
- Carelessness and/or drunkenness may reveal true form.
- Kitsune have a fear or a hatred of dogs.
- Dogs can detect kitsune.
- Until they gain their ninth tail, kitsune are essentially physical foxes.
- Kitsune can be consumed by negative emotions easily to the point that it can lead to death.
See Also: Kitsune.