- Kelpie Mimicry
- Water Kelpie Physiology/Mimicry
User with this ability either is or can transform into a Kelpie, a shape-shifting water spirit inhabiting the lochs and pools of Scotland. It appears as a horse, but is able to adopt human form, possibly retaining its hooves when appearing as a human. As a horse, it's appearance varies greatly, it is usually described as a powerful and beautiful black horse inhabiting the deep pools, rivers and streams of Scotland, preying on any humans it encounters. One of the water-kelpie's common identifying characteristics is that its hooves are reversed as compared to those of a normal horse. An Aberdeenshire variation is a horse with a mane of serpents, whereas the resident equine spirit of the River Spey is white and could entice victims onto its back by singing.
In its equine form, a kelpie is able to extend the length of its back to carry many riders together into the depths. A common theme in the tales regarding kelpies is of several children clambering onto the creature's back while one child remains behind on the shore.
Kelpies have the ability to transform themselves into non-equine forms and can take on the outward appearance of humans, in which guise they may betray themselves by the presence of water weeds in their hair. In their human form, kelpies are almost invariably male, usually handsome ones to lure women into watery traps so it can eat them. A kelpie has the strength of ten regular horses and hates to be kept/enslaved on farms, ranches, etc. It is wise to stay away from them.
- Adhesive Secretion
- Aquatic Adaptation
- Drowning - by sticking their victims to their skin and diving underwater till they die
- Horse Physiology
- Human Disguise
- Predator Instinct
- Supernatural Strength
- If a kelpie's brindle is taken or stolen, they can then be controlled by whoever wields it.
- May not be able to live long outside of or away from water.
- Kelpies (Scottish Folklore)
- Kelpie (Hakushaku to Yōsei)
- Kelpie (Harry Potter Trading Card Game)
- Water Horse Kelpie (Puzzle Dragon X)
- Kelpie (Valkyrie Crusade)
- Keldeo (Pokemon)
- Cassie (My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic/IDW)