Power to use the abilities of Kanima. Variation of Mythic Physiology.
User with this ability either is or can transform into Kanima, South American and Greek folklores jaguar-shaped spirits that sought and killed murderers. However, they are more frequently portrayed as reptilian-like beings that still seek and kill murderers.
Kanimas are roughly the size of average human males and covered in scales. They have long prehensile tails and can climb up walls like various reptiles. Its claws are long and secrete venom that can paralyze victims for hours. They heal very quickly, in one case taking several bullets to the chest, recovering and resuming a fight.
They have the ability to create a "cocoon" around themselves in order to evolve to their next level of development- which includes wings. Like werewolves, their power is greatest at the moon’s peak, but where werewolves seek packs, Kanimas seek a master.
"The Kanima, a weapon of vengeance, is used to carry out the bidding of its master. The Kanima was once used by a South American priest who took it upon himself to rid his village of all murderers. The bond between master and servant grew stronger until the will of the master became that of the Kanima's and whomever the priest deemed unworthy, the Kanima served his vengeance."
-Bestiary (Teen Wolf)
In some media, werewolf bites can turn a human into a Kanima. It is known as a mutation of the werewolf gene that cannot fully transform into a werewolf, until it resolves that in its past that manifested it.
- Divided Mind
- Enhanced Agility
- Enhanced Reflexes
- Enhanced Durability/Invulnerability
- Enhanced Jump
- Enhanced Speed
- Enhanced Senses
- Enhanced Strength
- Feral Mind
- Hyper Connection - with master
- Killing Instinct
- Lunar Affinity
- Paralysis Inducement
- Prehensile Tail
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Reptilian Physiology
- Scale Manifestation
- Venomous Claws
- Genetic condition (Reptilian)-The user receives their power through a mutation caused by a werewolf bite.
- Spiritual condition (Jaguar)- Within South American shape-shifter lore the Kanima was a were-jaguar, a spiritual assassin that sought and killed murderers.
- May forget who they are unless called by their true name.
- May temporarily lose human emotion.
- May lose self-control.
- May have to seek a master to control
- May imprint on a master that uses them as a weapon of vengeance, such as "assassinating" people of their choosing.
- May fear what its master fears.
- Kanimas (South American Folklore)
- Kanimas (Greek Folklore)
- Jackson Whittemore (Teen Wolf)
- Kate Argent (Teen Wolf)