- Ion Control/Manipulation
User can create, shape and manipulate Ions, atoms in which the total number of electrons is not equal to the total number of protons, giving the atom a net positive or negative electrical charge. Ions can be created by both chemical and physical means. In chemical terms, if a neutral atom loses one or more electrons, it has a net positive charge and is known as a cation. If an atom gains electrons, it has a net negative charge and is known as an anion.
Ions in their gas-like state are highly reactive, and do not occur in large amounts on Earth, except in flames, lightning, electrical sparks, and other plasmas. These gas-like ions rapidly interact with ions of opposite charge to give neutral molecules or ionic salts. Ions are also produced in the liquid or solid state when salts interact with solvents (for example, water) to produce "solvated ions," which are more stable, for reasons involving a combination of energy and entropy changes as the ions move away from each other to interact with the liquid. These stabilized species are more commonly found in the environment at low temperatures. A common example is the ions present in seawater, which are derived from the dissolved salts.
- Electromagnetism Manipulation by altering the charges of atoms they can create electromagnetic fields.
- Ion Attacks
- Ionic Radiation Manipulation
- Ionikinetic Constructs
- Ionization/Plasma Generation
- Move/lift ions.
- Plasma Manipulation
- Electron Manipulation
- Energy Manipulation
- Ionic Weaponry
- Molecular Manipulation
- Particle Manipulation
- Positron Manipulation
- Subatomic Manipulation
- May be unable to create ions, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user.
- May be limited to creating either anions or cations.
- Cole MacGrath (InFamous); via Ionic Charges
- Shego (Kim Possible)
- Simon Williams/Wonder Man (Marvel Comics)
- Erik Josten/Atlas (Marvel Comics)
- Luchino Nefaria/Count Nefaria (Marvel Comics)
- Microbrain (Star Trek TNG)
- D-Stuct (Static Shock)