The user can alter elemental metals (excluding metalloids such as silicon) into that of any other. This includes metal atoms in a mixture or solution with other atoms, as well as metal atoms bonded into molecules with other atoms (such as the sodium in salt.)
- Convert safe metals into toxic ones, strong into weak ones or base metals into precious metals, and vice-versa.
- Generate explosions by converting metals in water into an Alkali metal.
- Poison others by converting the trace metals in their foods into toxic ones.
- Alter the properties of most substances.
- Initiate or influence various chemical processes.
- Metal Transmutation
- Metal Manipulation
- Metal Detection
- Trace Metal Manipulation
- Periodic Table Powers
- May not be able to affect metal within living matter.
- May require eye-contact, touch or some other action.
- May have unexpected results if misused.
- Effects may be temporary or irreversible.
- May be limited in how much matter can be affected at once.
- May need to know the composition of a target to affect it.
- Captain Atom (DC Comics)
- Doctor Alchemy (DC Comics)
- Doctor Manhattan (DC Comics)
- Firestorm (DC Comics)
- Tromites (DC Comics)
- Element Lad
- Alchemists (Fullmetal Alchemist)
- Alchemy (Marvel Comics)
- El Diablo (Marvel Comics)