Alex Mercer using infrared vision.
Sense heat signatures
- Body Heat Sense
- Enhanced Thermoception
- Infrared Vision
- Thermal Sense/Vision
The user is able to perceive the infrared spectrum (i.e. temperature), allowing them to see temperature variations in objects and environment. This ability is incredibly useful for observation purposes, as the user is able to see the heat presences of any living targets.
- May be limited to sensing temperatures in one sense (usually sight).
- Body Heat Camouflage renders the ability useless.
- Too much heat can blind a user from sensing the target, if the target hides near or within a major heat source. (Such as setting the surrounding area on fire)
- Iceman (Marvel)
- Alex Mercer (Prototype)
- Shalimar Fox (Mutant X)
- Wildmutt (Ben 10)
- Predators (Aliens vs. Predator)
- Hot Spot (DC Comics)
- Gekkos (Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots)
- Werewolf by Night (Marvel Comics)
- Superman (DC Comics)
- The Falcon (Marvel Comics)
- Aleera (Van Helsing)
- Mr. Hyde (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
- Samus Aran (Metroid Prime); via Thermal Visor.
- Tomokui Kanata/Rou (Re:Monster)