- "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."
- ― George Bernard Shaw
The power to manipulate illusions.
- Genjutsu (Naruto)
- Hallucination Manipulation
- Illusion Casting/Creation
- Illusory/Illusive Reality Manipulation/Warping
- Mirage Generation
User can create, shape and manipulate illusions, causing targets to see, hear, touch, smell and/or taste things which do not actually exist or cause them to perceive things differently from what they truly are. Some users can create complex and detailed worlds, others may be able to only alter the way they or the target are perceived.
- Afterimage Creation
- Death by Illusion: If the illusion is powerful enough, it can literally convince the brain to copy anything that happens to the victim within the illusion, making it possible to kill the target with illusions.
- Illusion of Death: Target thinks they are being killed over and over again. This may lead to insanity.
- Decoy Creation
- Evolving Illusions
- Feign Damage
- Hallucination Solidification: Solidify illusions.
- Holographic Projection: Project illusions based on only sight.
- Illusion Attacks: Attack using illusion energy.
- Illusion Constructs: Create constructs out of illusions.
- Illusion Generation: Create/generate various types of illusions.
- Illusion Negation: Negate illusions.
- Illusion Reflection: Reflect any illusions that are used against themselves.
- Illusionary Environment: Change environment with illusions.
- Illusive Appearance: Most users who are not exactly combat savvy would use their ability as a defense mechanism to camouflage themselves, and even alter their physical appearance to look like someone or something else.
- Illusive Suggestion: Use illusions to subjugate others.
- Location Displacement
- Pain Illusion
- Phobia Exploitation: Targets experience their worst fears.
- Sensory Inducement: Targets can be forced with overlapping hallucinations, causing several negative symptoms.
- Torment Inducement
- Bottomless Pit Creation
- Illusion Awareness
- Illusion Physiology
- Illusion Transformation
- Illusory Combat
- Layered Illusions
- Time Perception Manipulation
- Illusion Embodiment
- Illusion-Casting - create illusions via Magic.
- Mental Hallucination - create high level mental hallucinations.
- Mirage Inducement is a version of Illusion (a mix of Summoning or limited Reality Warping and Illusion) in which the user can generate illusions which last, and are entirely real, as long as the targets do not know that they are illusions. One with this ability could cause any type of illusion they desire, but the second that someone calls out “It’s not real!”, shakes subjects out of their deluded state or the subjects see the illusionist working his power, then the illusions will wear off, entirely (or until the user can go unnoticed to use his ability again).
- Psychosomatic Illusion - create illusions that are so realistic and powerful they can cause physical effects on the target.
- Selective Illusions - induce illusions onto specific targets without affecting the others.
- Self Perception - alter own perception of reality.
- Absolute Illusion
- Guise Manipulation
- Illusion Energy Manipulation
- Illusory Power Replication
- Imagination Manipulation
- Light Manipulation
- Living Illusion Creation
- Mental Manipulation
- Mind Control
- Perception Manipulation
- Sense Manipulation
- True Illusion
- Unreality Manipulation
- Users of Illusion Awareness and Illusion Reflection are immune.
- Users of Psychic Shield (highly resistant) and Psychic Immunity (impervious).
- People with Danger Intuition may be able to distinguish a fake illusion by telling which one is really a threat.
- May be limited to creating illusions that affect only certain senses, sight being the most common as a result people with Enhanced Senses might be able to see through it.
- May have to limit the amount of mental powers to control the illusion.
- May be unable to create accurate illusions, such as making things that don't exist or situations that would never happen in a million years. One common mistake is misplacing a feature on a person, or forgetting to add shadows to their forms.
Unlike Reality Warping this power allows the user to pretend they warp reality, like for example, changing and creating things on a whim, at least illusively. Although, it can be possible that reality warpers can do the same of creating illusions as well.
See Also: Master of Illusion.
- SCP-238 - Building Complex (SCP Foundation)
- SCP-450 - Abandoned Federal Penitentiary (SCP Foundation)
- The Empty City (Fear Mythos)
- The Crossroads of Trials (Fear Mythos)