The power to take on a human appearance. Sub-power of Shapeshifting. Not to be confused with Humanization or Human Physiology.
The user can take on an ordinary human appearance to blend in with modern society. This power is designed for non-human individuals to hide their non-human traits and appearances to avoid detection.
- May only be able to hold the form for limited periods of time.
- May only shroud most of the user's non-human aspects instead of entirely.
- Users of Shapeshifting Awareness can see through the disguise.
- May learn to feel human emotions in the process.
- May require a certain amount of power and/or concentration to keep the transformation up.
- Enchanted Bracelet (Once Upon a Time); makes a mermaid human
- Shimmer (Doctor Who)
- Human skin suits (Doctor Who)
- Perception Filters (Doctor Who)
- Image Translator (Sarah Jane Adventures)
Latias (Pokemon) in her human form.
Being a mermaid herself, Lucia, (Mermaid Melody) gains a human form when she's on dry land.
Zim keeps his true identity secret through creative (and shoddy) disguises
Hippo (Mermaid Melody) has 3 forms, his human form, his penguin form and...
...his true form, Hippocampus.
Mamitas (Space Dandy), as a Deathgerian, can take on the appearance of a young woman to attract prey.
A Slitheen unmasking (Doctor Who)
Virasians (Gamera vs Viras) in their human forms.
A zygon (Doctor Who) taking on human form.
Crystal & Amber (Scooby Doo and the Alien Invaders) in human and dog form respectively.
What Soul Eater (Valkyrie Crusade) actually is is a complete mystery, she decides to appear with a female humanoid form.
To hide his true mamodo appearance from public, Rein (Zatch Bell!) has the ability to disguise himself as a human.