User with this ability either is or can transform into an homunculus (plural "homunculi"), a type of artificial human connected to Alchemy, from the Latin for "little man". Their traditional depiction is as tiny people grown in jars, but they tend to differ a lot in presentation. Homunculus generally acts as a magician's assistant (a.k.a familiar), spy, messenger, or even assassin. They are capable of speech, though not always the case. If created correctly, they are loyal to a fault when it comes to their master.
As an artificial being, they lack many of the weaknesses of purely biological ones, and their creator may add other abilities depending of their skill.
- Contaminant Immunity
- Decelerated Aging or Semi-Immortality
- Disease Immunity
- Enhanced Condition
- Pain Suppression
- Pressure Resistance
- Thermal Resistance
As an artificial being, homunculi may have various abilities, especially those that include changing/manipulating their body or removing weaknesses, but various alchemical and/or Magical abilities are possible.
- Ennis (Baccano)
- Homunculus (Busou Renkin)
- Homunculi (Folklore/Mythology)
- Homunculi (The Golden Voyage of Sinbad)
- Father (Fullmetal Alchemist)
- Homunculi (Fullmetal Alchemist)
- Lapis (Rental Magica)
- Roger the Homunculus (Hellboy)
- Nobunaga (Kamen Rider)
- Homunculus (Strike the Blood)
- Homunculi (TYPE-MOON)
- Homunculus (Valkyrie Crusade)
- Homunculus the Alchemic Being (Yu-Gi-Oh!)