- "Okay, let's see. Imp, fairy, pixie, goblin."
- "That's hobgoblin."
- ― Bart Simpson and the Hobgoblin (The Simpsons)
- Hobgoblin Form/Mimicry
User with this ability either is or can transform into a hobgoblin, a mischievous spirit appearing as small, hairy little men who, like other house spirits, are often found within human dwellings doing odd jobs around the house while the family is lost in sleep. Such chores are typically small deeds, like dusting and ironing. Often, the only compensation necessary in return for these is food.
While brownies are more peaceful creatures, hobgoblins are more fond of practical jokes. Like all of the fae folk, hobgoblins are easily annoyed. They can be mischievous, frightening, and even dangerous. Attempts to give them clothing will often banish them forever, though whether they take offense to such gifts or are simply too proud to work in new clothes differs from teller to teller.
- Can be banished through being given clothes.
- Hobgoblins (European Folklore)
- The Hobgoblin (The Simpsons)
- Hobgoblins (The Spiderwick Chronicles)