One of the most feared creatures of the Underworld, Cerberus (Greek Mythology).
Use the traits of Hellhound
- "A hound it was, an enormous coal-black hound, but not such a hound as mortal eyes have ever seen. Fire burst from its open mouth, its eyes glowed with a smouldering glare, its muzzle and hackles and dewlap were outlined in flickering flame. Never in the delirious dream of a disordered brain could anything more savage, more appalling, more hellish be conceived than that dark form and savage face which broke upon us out of the wall of fog."
- ― The Hound of the Baskervilles
- HellHound Mimicry
The user is or has the ability to take on the form of Hellhound, a supernatural canine connected to an Underworld/Hell and/or considered an Omen of Death. Features that have been attributed to hellhounds include black fur, scales, glowing red or sometimes yellow eyes, super strength and/or speed, ghostly or phantom characteristics, foul odor, and sometimes even the ability to talk.
Legend says that if someone is to stare into its eyes three times or more, that person will definitely die; seeing or hearing it howl may also be either an omen of death or even a cause of death. In cultures that associate the afterlife with fire, hellhounds may have fire-based abilities and appearance. They are often assigned to guard the entrances to the world of the dead, such as graveyards and burial grounds, or may undertake other duties related to the afterlife or the supernatural, such as hunting lost souls or guarding a supernatural treasure.
- Canine Physiology
- Claw Retraction
- Enhanced Agility
- Enhanced Jump
- Fear Inducement
- Feral Mind
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Curse Inducement
- Death Inducement
- Fire Manipulation
- Hell-Fire Manipulation
- Supernatural Condition
Types of Hellhound:
Cerberus Multi-headed (usually three, up to hundred is mentioned) hound which guards the gates of the Underworld, possibly with snakes as a mane and/or tail.
Fenrir Monstrous wolf so large that "his upper jaw touches the sky while his lower touches the earth when he gapes". Able to kill Odin, so this one is Bad News.
- Absolute Condition: of the upper scale.
- Cosmic Hunger: destined to devour the light (Odin/the sun) at Ragnarok.
- Divine Slayer: destined to kill Odin.
- Divine Ingestion: can most easily devour gods and other celestial aspects.
- Infinite Digestive System: had an insatiable hunger, can devour anything and everything.