A circumstance placed on those who have been chosen or choose to protect a certain item, place, person, or concept, and possess or are given the powers to do so. Opposite of Assailant. Possible outcome of Destiny Chosen.
Alternate Names of Guardians
- Chosen Ones
- Legacy Hero
- Light Ones
- Peace Keepers
Guardians are often those who are of noble birth or a high position of great historical or legendary importance. They have taken/been given responsibility to defend, protect and, if needed, avenge the focus of their protection, which can be an object, place, concept, or person (throne/crown, village/gate/country/planet, love/good/harmony, royal heir/chosen prophet, etc.) among other things.
To do this, they gain enhanced physical and mental capabilities, many additional mystical or magical abilities, and often specific weapons/tools that allow them to perform superhuman or supernatural feat to help their cause.
- In some universes, guardians do not deal with other worldly issues but issues in their own world.
- Guardians may need to complete a series of challenges or tasks in or to be chosen.
- Some guardians may play a part within a prophecy.
- Some guardians may posses a unique power.
- Some may be chosen to be guardians due to their bloodline, or heritage.
- Some may choose to be guardians due to their sense of justice.
- Some guardians may be blessed with the spirit of the chosen one before him/her.
- Guardians often play a key role in many lives as their actions often determine the fate of a group of people, nation, the entire world, and more
- Some guardians may not be in prophecies, but still play a key factor of what is at stake. (Ex: Characters such as Mega Man X or Dante. Though they are of not legendary concepts, they are basically the center of the fate of what they stand for.)
- Enhanced Combat/Supernatural Combat: Become skilled in multiple forms of combat.
- Enhanced Charisma: Cull the fear in individual hearts & minds and rally the courage to follow within others.
- Enhanced Condition/Supernatural Condition: One's physical and mental prowess are beyond the limits of one's kind.
- Enhanced Senses: Natural senses are increased.
- Indomitable Will: Posses a powerful will that cannot be broken.
- Fear Masking: Cannot feel fear.
- Living Embodiment: Become a physical entity of a certain concept or idea. (Ex: Link being the physical embodiment of courage.)
- Pure Heart: Posses a strong noble heart that cannot be bounded by corruption.
- Strong Soul: Posses a great independent spirit.
- Companion Allegiance
- Cosmic Guardian
- Spatial Guardianship
- Temporal Guardianship
- Underworld Guardian
- Destiny Chosen: May be given powers depending on their fate as a guardian.
- Guardian Inheritance: Inherit the abilities of previous guardians.
- Mythic Physiology
- Guardian's power/status may be connected to a specific object.
- Given their reputation, guardians tend to be hunted down by evil.
- May need to be trained if they have little or no knowledge of being a guardian.
- Could become obsessed with the great power they possess.
- May need to be deemed worthy.
- In certain cases, the guardian may be defenseless when being targeted himself.
- Path of destiny is placed by force.
- May not be able to to live a free life.