The power to generate friction. Sub-power of Friction Manipulation. Opposite to Friction Negation.
- Friction Generation
User can generate friction.
- Does not give manipulation of Friction, at least not straight away.
- Superman (DC Comics)
- Martians (DC Comics); via Telekinesis
- Ranfan (Dragon Ball)
- Pearl (One Piece)
- Wanze (One Piece)
- Vinsmoke Sanji (One Piece)
- Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
- Makoto Shishio (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Frictor (The Ripping Friends)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Ranfan (Dragon Ball) generates air friction to add burning force to her punch.
Using friction from his speed, Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog) can superheat sand into glass...
...as well as ignite and melt asphalt.
Sanji (One Piece) using friction from spinning to add heat force to his leg.
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece) using friction to ignite his punch.
Shishio Makoto (Rurouni Kenshin) using his serrated sword to create friction on each slash, igniting the oil-soaked blade.
Using Deep Impact, Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic the Hedgehog) uses friction to cause explosions with his punch.