Invisible Woman (Marvel Comics) prevents a hail of bullets with an invisible barrier.
The ability to project powerful fields of manipulated energy. Sub-power of Force-Field Manipulation.
- Barrier Generation
- Deflection Field
- Protection Bubbles
- Ray Shields
User is able to create a shield, wall, or a field to protect themselves, with varying appearances and materials. The fields can be formed from energy, elements, shaped from from the environment, or formed by manipulating smaller items to form a greater whole.
Force-fields are not impenetrable and can usually be removed by energy drain or extreme force. Some users are also able to throw shields away from themselves or to catch things with them, while other users may be able to mold them into any shape.
- Create Force-fields for protection from physical attacks and/or energy attacks.
- Create specific force-fields to prevent things from leaving/entering.
- Create an area for breathing where doing so can be dangerous, allowing navigation through toxic gas or vacuum.
- Create force-field inside an object or person, and expand the force-field so that the object or person explodes.
- Assimilation Shield
- Energy Constructs
- Ergokinetic Combat
- Force-Field Combat
- Platform Creation
- Wall Generation
- Electrical Force Field
- Magnetic Force-Field
- Psioplasmic Field Generation
- Psychic Force-Field Generation
- Spatial Force-Field Generation
Some universes consider Energy Constructs to be the building block of force-fields.
- May be limited on size/shape/time their barriers can take.
- May not be able to maintain barriers under stress.
- Attack on barriers may cause equivalent damage to users mind or body.
- May require concentration.
- Some targets may not be held in or contained by barriers.
- Some targets may be immune to barriers restrictions.
- Airtight barriers may cause asphyxiation from prolonged use.
- Weak against users with Shield Break and Defense Break.
- May block only certain types of attacks.
- Kanohi masks (Bionicle)
- Amulet of Protection (Charmed)
- Eye of Aghbar (Charmed)
- Flying Saucer (Earth vs the Flying Saucers)
- The Bubbler (Splatoon)
- DJ Octavio's Octobot King (Splatoon)
- Guardian Amulet (WITS Academy)
- The Mines (The Secret Circle); wards off dark witches
- Alicante (Shadowhunter Chronicles); wards off demons
- Disney Castle (Kingdom Hearts games); wards off dark forces
- Upper Regions (Charmed)
- Magic School (Charmed)
- The southern region (Oz the Great and Powerful)