- "Slipping into my Lightform is like taking off a diving suit. Like letting go of a breath I didn't know I was holding. Everythng around me stands still. Everything but [America Chavez]. She's slowed down. Slow motion. But...I'm seeing her at lightspeed. She shouldn't be moving at all."
- ― Monica Rambeau, The Ultimates (2014) #1
- Heightened Focus
- Unwavering Diligence
The user can focus on an being/object/event while they/it are at heightened/reduced speeds, allowing user to perceive it in a manner that works best for the situation. For example complete menial tasks/labor at this speed without losing patience, control or focus, including assembling or disassembling something with millions of pieces, punching something millions of times, or reading an entire archive, all without any rest or breaks.
They can retain focus until something at an elongated or reduced speed occurs, such as experience entire lifetimes with no less less patience or enthusiasm than if they passed in a blink of an eye.
By default, anyone with Enhanced Speed must have this on some level or another, because this allows them to comprehend and control themselves at their quickened pace. Without it, a speedster would tumble out of control after taking a single step, be unable to stop without impacting another object, or be too impatient to complete an arduous feat any faster than a normal person would. Enhanced Reflexes also helps.
- Accelerated Perception
- Experience Manipulation
- Self Perception
- Enhanced Speed
- Enhanced Reflexes
- Interaction Manipulation
- Perspective Manipulation
- Sense Manipulation
- Time Manipulation
- Time Perception Manipulation
- May need to consciously activate ability, meaning that an opponent with Enhanced Reflexes can attack before it activates.
- May not be able to control it at all, and thus have a very warped or strange perception of time.
- Time Gem (Marvel Comics)
- Space Gem (Marvel Comics)