- For a gallery of examples for Flash Step, see here.
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach) using his Bankai's high speed combat in conjuncture with Shunpo to move at hyper speed.
Use bursts of incredible speed.
- Body Flicker
- Hirenkyaku (Flying Screen Feet)
- Quick Step
- Short-Range Teleportation
- Shukuchi (Shrunken Earth)
- Sonido (Sound)
- Soru (Shave)
- Teleport Dash
- Zero Shift
User can perform a burst of speed that allows the user to move so fast it appears as if they have teleported (in some cases, the user actually does teleport short distances), many users can sustain only short dashes. In most cases the user is able to maneuver at the high speeds accurately and does not cause any shock or disturbance to the surface they stop on.
This technique is commonly used to dodge projectiles, move behind enemies, show off speed, get away from a fight, etc.
- Afterimage Creation: The user moves fast enough to leave an after image of themselves making it appear as if there are multiple of him or herself. The copies may appear still or be able to take action.
- Air Dashing: The user moves with enough momentum and leg strength to dash through midair.
- Double Jump: Applying enough leg strength to jump off ground level and flash stepping in the air.
- Invisible Speed: Moving at such high speed that enemy eyes cannot keep up.
- I'm behind you: User moves behind their target, then strikes.
- Power Kicking: Moving at such powerful speed requires powerful legs, which provides deadly kicks.
- Wallrunning: Gaining tremendous momentum to dash sideways on walls.
- Might want to be careful of any item, like a wall, that could get in the way unless user has a form of Intangibility.
- May be tracked down by Precognition, or Energy Perception.
- May not be able to perceive where they are during the movement.
- May not be able to change directions during movement.
- May only be able to use the technique within a certain range or time.
- Users of Accelerated Probability may know where they are.
- May get slowed down by Time Reduction.
- Temporal Stasis will stop all movement.
- The quick movements and the quick stops may put strain to the body, breaking bones, destroying internal organs, or the air pushing against ones chest could cause respiratory arrest. The speed moving could theoretically flay both skin and muscle from the bone.
See Also: Flash Step