- Dread/Fear/Terror Craft
- Dread/Terror Magic
The user is capable of magic based in fear, dread, horror, terror, etc., including the augmentation or elimination of these traits, summoning creatures of nightmares, or using magic to feed off of the fear of others.
- Magic always has a price.
- May require the user to have a high level mastery of fear, lest they lose their sanity to the fears they release.
- People who have mastered their fears may have high resistance to the effects.
- May be useless against someone who has Fearlessness.
- Aegis (Camp Half-Blood)
- Helm of Darkness (Camp Half-Blood)
- Nico's Sword (Camp Half-Blood)
- Mystic Symbol of the Seven (DC Comics)
- Mace of Terror (Dungeons & Dragons)
- Rod of Nightmares (Dungeons & Dragons)
- Fear Engines (The Fallen: Forsaken)
- Phobos Spear (God of War: Ascension)
- Dark Scepter (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
- Phobis devices (Star Wars Legends)