- "People can list any number of reasons to be afraid. This is because at the most fundamental level, 'comfort' leads to 'life', whilst 'fear' leads to 'death'. While people cannot give a clear answer why they want to live, they can give any number of answers why they do not wish to die. Thus, it is impossible to be unaffected by fear as long as you are alive."
- ― Äs Nödt (Bleach)
- "Gotham, this is your only warning, abandon the city, or I will unleash your greatest fears."
- ― Scarecrow (Arkham Knight)
- "It was as if a natural calamity had descended upon them. In the face of that overpowering violence...There were those that could not even stand...Those that ran away...And those that could not move..."
- ― The Narrator on Hou Ken, the Bushin (Kingdom)
- Bogeyman Effect
- Fear Induction
- Panic/Terror Inducement
The user can evoke and increase fear and horror in others causing the target’s brain to release fear-inducing chemicals. The target’s perception may be altered, causing them to see their environment as ominous and the user as dark and foreboding, or even seen as a monster.
- Fear Augmentation: enhance any feelings of fear until the victim literally dies of fright.
- Fearful Scream: scream with fear echoing in every sound-wave.
- Insanity Inducement: making others feel fear to the point they will become traumatized.
- Killing Intent: control one's own killing intention and use it to intimidate the victims.
- Paralysis Inducement: make the target literally 'paralyzed with fear'.
- Unknown Inducement: cause a fear so powerful that others tune users presence out of sight and mind.
- Bogeyman Physiology
- Despair Inducement
- Emotion Inducement
- Emotion Manipulation
- Fear Manipulation
- Menacing Presence
- Mental Inducement
- Mental Manipulation
- Meta Fear Inducement
- Phobia-Initiated Ability Manifestation
- Surprise Inducement
- Users of Psychic Shield/Indomitable Will (highly resistant) Psychic Immunity/Fearlessness (impervious).
- May be overpowered by Courage Inducement.
- May be constantly active.
- The Soul Shredder (Danny Phantom)
- Phobia Mask (Chaotic)
- Various fear poisons and fear enchanted weapons (The Elder Scrolls)
- Scarecrow's Fear Toxin (DC Comics)
- King Sombra's Magic Door (My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic)
- Left Hand of Horror (Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy)
- Mansion of Night (Percy Jackson)