The Serpent (Marvel) fed on the fear of all of humanity, making himself powerful enough to perform virtually any feat.
Be empowered by fear
- Fear Affinity
Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. Through fear of oneself and others, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from fear or even slow or stop aging.
- Decelerated Aging/Semi-Immortality
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Self-Power Augmentation
- May be rendered powerless in the absence of fear.
- May become overwhelmed with fears
- May only be able to draw on others' fear.
- Empathy users or Telepathy users may overwhelm user with emotions opposite to fear.
- The Serpent/Cul Borson (Marvel)
- Caliban (Marvel)
- Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street)
- Sinestro (DC Comics)
- Yellow Lanterns (DC Comics)
- Parallax (DC Comics)
- Scarecrow (DC Comics)
- Knox (Heroes)
- El Katib (Aladdin: The Animated Series)
- Garchnar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Thesulac Demons (Angel)
- Turahk (BIONICLE)
- The Creeper (Jeepers Creepers)
- Amanojaku (Ghost Stories)
- Pitch Black, The Boogeyman (Rise of The Guardians)
- Nighlok (Powerrangers Samurai)