- "The Fates tried to cut her string but found the thread had turned to iron"
- ― Mortals Resolve (Magic: The Gathering)
- "If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!"
- ― Magus (Chrono Trigger)
- "I know nothing is actually fated, we change anything if we want to."
- ― Hikari Sakishima (Nagi no Asu)
- Fate Ignoring
- Predetermination Denial
User can deny the effects of destiny/fate, including their own recorded fate. This allows them to shrug off the effects of their own predetermined existence, such if they were fated to die or disappear after accomplishing a certain mission or objective or possibly be separated and made to forget a loved one, they would instead be able to ignore that and live longer then they should or remember someone they were supposed to have forgotten.
An example of how this power functions is based on the old saying "Fate dealt you a bad hand", this power would work by forcing fate to reshuffle the deck entirely allowing the user to delay and deny its effects.
Unlike immunity user is not completely immune to fate, they merely delay/deny its effects for a while.
- Death Negation
- Destiny Assignment
- Life Transcendence
- Living Anomaly
- Paradox Defiance
- Personal Probability Manipulation
- Usurp Worth
- User is not immune to fate, it is only delayed till a later time, or simply created a new one.
- Weak against Future Removal and Grand Design Construction.
See Also: Screw Destiny.
- David Norris (The Adjustment Bureau)
- Maia Tsukigane (Aquarion Logos)
- Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue)
- Hitoyoshi Zenkichi (Medaka Box)
- Barbatos Goetia (Tales of Destiny II)
- Reala (Tales of Destiny II)
- Fiona/The Black Fairy (Once Upon a Time)
- Evil Queen (Once Upon a Time)
- Aladdin (Once Upon a Time)
- Desperados (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry)
- Shears of Destiny (Once Upon a Time)