The circumstance of gaining power, skills and enhancements from a past experience.
Circumstance grants the user extraordinary abilities by either scientific experimentation, medical treatment, by complete, often tragic and near-lethal, accident, or by other supernatural means. The effects of the event may grant superpowers to the user if they survive, or sometimes even if they don’t. Powers granted to the user by the event may be scientifically inclined if anthropogenic or supernatural if otherwise. Depending on the event in question, powers might be a gift, a curse, or both.
- Contract Bestowal
- Destiny Chosen
- Power Gain
- Power Inheritance
- Powerful Objects
- Ring Empowerment
- Supernatural Fruit Empowerment
- Title Bestowal
- User may develop Aversion.
- User has limited to absolutely no control over the outcome of their catalyst event.
- User may often obtain an undesired power.
- Disfigurement is common.
- Regulation or even Dependency may be an issue if catalyst event destabilizes the user in some way.
- Event might cause use user to go insane.
- User may require certain objects to utilize their powers.
- Mutagen (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Chemical X (The Powerpuff Girls)
- Power Rings of Inspiron (Air Buddies series)