- "Homer, you've become a supertaster. The mildest spices will overwhelm your tongue, even a taco could drive you insane."
- ― Dr Julius Hibbert (The Simpsons)
The power to have an extremely keen sense of taste. Sub-power of Enhanced Senses.
- Gustatory Enhancement
The user has accurate sense of taste, allowing them to sense both harmful and beneficial things, as all basic tastes are classified as either aversive or appetitive, depending upon the effect the things they sense have on our bodies. Sweetness helps to identify energy-rich foods, while bitterness serves as a warning sign of poisons.
The user may be able to tell certain things about people if they taste something the person they're describing ate/drank previously, such as gender. They may be able to taste things from a distance as opposed to physically making contact with what they are tasting in order to sense harmful and beneficial things without even touching them.
- Something with too much of a certain flavor or taste might be dangerous for them.
- Users might not be able to shut off this power.
- Does not work on foods or drugs that do not carry a taste.
- The user may have sensitive taste buds, and thus can only eat/drink certain things.
- Rachel Pirzad (Alphas)
- Mai Natsume (BlazBlue Remix Heart); can taste thoughts and emotions of anything her tongue touches.
- Time Lords (Doctor Who)
- Terezi (Homestuck)
- Gon (Hunter X Hunter); detected a poison considered to be tasteless
- Najika Kazami (Kitchen Princess)
- Daredevil (Marvel Comics)
- Remy (Ratatouille)
- Nakiri Erina (Shokugeki no Soma)
- Homer Simpson (The Simpsons); after becoming a supertaster
- Manitoba Smith (Total Drama)
- Noelle (Tower Prep)
- NEWS (Toriko)