The power to have an extremely keen sense of taste. Sub-power of Enhanced Senses.
- Gustatory Enhancement
- Perfect Taste
The user has accurate sense of taste, allowing them to sense both harmful and beneficial things, as all basic tastes are classified as either aversive or appetitive, depending upon the effect the things they sense have on our bodies. Sweetness helps to identify energy-rich foods, while bitterness serves as a warning sign of poisons.
The user might even be able to tell certain things about people if they taste something the person they're describing ate/drank previously, such as gender. Or taste the chemicals in the air as opposed to using their mouths to making physical contact with something in order to sense said harmful and beneficial things.
- Contaminant Immunity
- Disease Immunity
- Enhanced Smell
- Enhanced Senses
- Peak Human Sensory System
- Taste Manipulation
- The user might have sensitive taste buds, and thus can only eat/drink certain things.
- Something with too much of a certain flavor or taste might be dangerous for them.
- Users might not be able to shut off this power.
- Does not work on foods or drugs that do not carry a taste.
- Rachel Pirzad (Alphas)
- Mai Natsume (BlazBlue Remix Heart); can taste thoughts and emotions of anything her tongue touches.
- Time Lords (Doctor Who)
- Terezi (Homestuck)
- Gon (Hunter X Hunter); detected a poison considered to be tasteless
- Najika Kazami (Kitchen Princess)
- Daredevil (Marvel Comics)
- Nakiri Erina (Shokugeki no Soma)
- Four Heavenly Kings (Toriko)
- Manitoba Smith (Total Drama)
- Noelle (Tower Prep)
- NEWS (Toriko)