- "This is the best damn thing that ever happened to me. Well, now that I've learned to control it, I'm like Superman or something. I can hear rain coming from forty miles away. I can even hear someone's moods, the tiniest changes in a heartbeat."
- ― Dale Smither, Heroes
- Advanced Senses
- Heightened Senses
- Increased Perceptions
- Strengthened Senses
- Accelerated Perception: Slow down the user's perception of time.
- Enhanced Synesthesia: Perceive multiple different sensory or cognitive responses at once.
- Illusion Awareness: Many illusion will affect only certain senses but lack in others, for example an illusion might lack a smell or have no heartbeat.
- Sense Focusing: Focus senses to look for a particular sight/sound/smell/taste and blocking out all others.
The Five Senses:
- Enhanced Hearing: Ears pick up every single sound, and can decipher layer upon layer of noise; has the ability to pick up a conversation from a mile away in a busy city. May even mutate into Echolocation.
- Enhanced Smell: Users can detect specific smells, and locate their origin. Some may even be able to tell if someone is lying by which hormones they excrete.
- Enhanced Taste: Users may be able to detect poisons or other problems. Some may even be able to do so by simply tasting the chemicals in the air as opposed to using their mouth to making physical contact with an object.
- Enhanced Touch: Some can feel so acutely that to rub the users hand on a paper would be like reading the page, sensing every bump ripple or wave. Some may even be able to tell of distant occurrences felt through vibrations in the air, ground, and water.
- Enhanced Vision: Can see with amazing clarity/detail, distance, or color, perhaps even in a different spectrum of light or into other dimensions.
- Electroreception: Can detect and follow electricity and related phenomenon.
- Energy Detection: Sense all forms of energy.
- Enhanced Balance: Sense of equilibrium and ability to use it well.
- Enhanced Awareness: All senses are attuned to nearby activity.
- Extrasensory Perception: Also known as the "Sixth Sense", users of this rare ability can instantly know whatever they wish without even needing to perceive or experience it, often reaching into Clairaudience, Claircognizance, Clairempathy, Precognition, Psychometry, Retrocognition, etc.
- Infrared Perception: Can sense infrared/temperature.
- Spatial Perception: Can sense space, size and shapes.
- Peak Human Senses: Users senses are near superhuman.
- Enhanced Senses: Users senses are extremely accurate.
- Supernatural Senses: Users senses are supernaturally acute.
- Absolute Senses: Users senses are enhanced to universal scale.
- Compass Sense
- Danger Intuition
- Empathy can be used to detect emotions such as fear.
- Energy Detection
- Enhanced Agility
- Enhanced Condition
- Enhanced Tracking
- Instinctive Relation Sense
- Nerve Manipulation
- Opportunity Sense
- Pattern Sense
- Protected Senses keep senses from being overloaded.
- Sense Manipulation
- Speed Perception
- Supernatural Senses
- Overloading may be a frequent occurrence.
- Magic may cause interference.
- Drugs or other means can either negate or remove these senses unless they are reversible.
See Also Super Senses.