- For a gallery of examples for Energy Absorption, see here.
Neliel (Bleach) using Cero Doble after absorbing Nnoitra's Cero.
The user can absorb energy into their body and use in many ways, such as by converting it into physical strength or using it to power energy blasts or discharges as waves or orbs of energy. They are able to absorb energies that they come in contact with, such as kinetic energy, electrical energy, radiation, heat, etc.
More advanced users may be able to absorb more exotic forms of energy, such as magic, spatial, temporal and dimensional energies.
- Energy Attacks: channel absorbed energy into a projectile attack.
- Energy Drain: absorb ambient and kinetic energy of surrounding.
- Energy Resistance: the user is able to withstand various forms of energy.
- Enhanced Durability: channel absorbed energy into durability.
- Enhanced Speed: channel absorbed energy into speed.
- Enhanced Stamina: channel absorbed energy into stamina.
- Enhanced Strength: channel absorbed energy into strength.
- Power Reflection: channel absorbed and reflected back at their opponents.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: channel absorbed energy into self-healing.
- Self-Sustenance: forgo sleep/sustenance by absorbing energy.
- Capacitor: The most simple method of storing energy for later use, to hold it inside the user's cells.
- Cosmic Energy Absorption: Absorb cosmic energy.
- Dimensional Energy Absorption: Absorb dimensional energy to cause rifts and cracks in the dimensional barrier.
- Electricity Absorption: Absorb electricity.
- Energized Body: Absorb energy to improve the bodily functions.
- Energy Redirection: Similar to Physical redirection, taking the energy absorbed, and then redirect it as their own energy. This is possible in two ways.
- Energy Conversion: Exact energies are redirected, such as Fire being redirected as fire or electrical energy as electrical energy.
- Energy Blasts: The energy is converted to the absorbers preferred type and can be generated out as they wish, such as an energy blast, similar to Bishop of the X-Men, or power bolts.
- Energy Transferal: Take energies from one object/person and put it into another object/person.
- Fire Absorption: Absorb flames.
- Heat Absorption: Absorb heat.
- Kinetic Energy Absorption: Absorbing the kinetic energy, or energy in physical movement. Being able to absorb the energy of physical attacks, such as punches, bullets, and concussive forces, making this person very hard to fight or incapacitate.
- Sound Absorption: Absorb kinetic energy produced by sound.
- Life-Force Absorption: Absorb the life-force energy of others and make it one's own.
- Magical Energy Absorption: Absorb magical energy.
- Natural Energy Absorption: Absorbing ambient energy from nature and surroundings, such as air and plant energy, a variation of Elemental Energy Manipulation and/or Life-Force Manipulation or Energy Manipulation..
- Solar Energy Absorption: Absorb solar energy.
- Time Energy Absorption: Absorb temporal energy, causing effects something similar to Space-Time Absorption.
- Must be in physical contact with the object.
- Overloading: Too much power could result in incapacitation or death.
- Overuse: Using more power than stored may exhaust the user after expending too much energy
- Crossed Energies: If the person has an energy specific absorption (such as kinetic, electric, or solar energy) other energies can't be absorbed.
- Under Loading: The user may not be in a position to absorb power for some time, causing them to deplete their power supply. Attackers who know of the superpower may hide or wait until the absorber has little or no power and take them to a secure location when they are weakened.