- For a gallery of examples for Energy Absorption, see here.
Neliel (Bleach) using Cero Doble after absorbing Nnoitra's Cero.
The user can absorb various forms of energy, while removing it from the source, into their body and use it in various ways, gaining some form of advantage, either by enhancing themselves, gaining the drained power, using it as power source etc., either temporarily or permanently.
- Assimilation Shield
- Energy Breath
- Energy Empowerment
- Elemental Enhanced Condition
- Elemental Regeneration
- Capacitor: The most simple method of storing energy for later use, to hold it inside the user's cells.
- Cosmic Energy Absorption: Absorb cosmic energy.
- Electricity Absorption: Absorb electricity.
- Energized Body: Absorb energy to improve the bodily functions.
- Energy Redirection: Taking the energy absorbed, and redirect it as their own energy.
- Energy Conversion: Exact energies are redirected, such as Fire being redirected as fire or electrical energy as electrical energy.
- Energy Transferal: Take energies from one object/person and put it into another object/person.
- Fire Absorption: Absorb flames.
- Heat Absorption: Absorb heat.
- Kinetic Energy Absorption: Absorbing the kinetic energy, or energy in physical movement. Being able to absorb the energy of physical attacks, such as punches, bullets, and concussive forces, making this person very hard to fight or incapacitate.
- Life-Force Absorption: Absorb the life-force energy of others and make it one's own.
- Soul Energy Absorption: Absorb spiritual energy.
- Light Absorption: Absorb light.
- Magical Energy Absorption: Absorb magical energy.
- Natural Energy Absorption: Absorbing ambient energy from nature and surroundings, such as air and plant energy, a variation of Elemental Energy Manipulation and/or Life-Force Manipulation or Energy Manipulation..
- Solar Energy Absorption: Absorb solar energy.
- Sound Absorption: Absorb sound.
- Can't absorb self-generated energy.
- May have limited range, including touch only.
- May be limited to how much one can absorb.
- Overloading: Too much power could result in incapacitation or death.
- Overuse: Using more power than stored may exhaust the user after expending too much energy.
- Under Loading: User may not be in a position to absorb power for some time, causing them to deplete their power supply. Attackers who know of the superpower may hide or wait until the absorber has little or no power and take them to a secure location when they are weakened.
- Crossed Energies: If the person has an energy specific absorption (such as kinetic, electric, or solar energy) other energies may be in-absorbable.