Peter Petrelli (Heroes) uses Empathic Mimicry to gain Matt's Telepathy, though causing pain, due to instinctively using it at the same time as Matt
Copy the powers of those around you via an emotion associated with them.
The ability to copy the ability of another through an emotion associated with them. A variation of Power Replication.
- Empathic Power/Ability Mimicry/Replication/Copying
User can imitate the powers of those around them via an emotion associated with the powers and use them as their own.
- Enhanced Power Replication
- Combined with Intuitive Aptitude, the user may gain Intuitive Empathic Replication
- User may have to concentrate very hard on the person and how they made the user feel to access their powers.
- If the target has multiple powers, the user may only be able to mimic the one(s) they associate with that person.
- If the user changes the emotion they associate with the target (e.g. love turns to hate), they may lose the replicated ability.
- May be temporary.
- These powers are closely tied to emotions and if the user cannot keep their emotions balanced they won't be able to use any powers at all.
- May not be able to control certain powers.
- May work on limited amount of targets.
- May only be able to use them when in close proximity to the source without training.
- May be limited on how long they can mimic powers in some.
- May be defeated by someone with Power Erasure or Power Immunity.
- Cannot mimic powers from someone with Apathy.
- If the user acquires Apathy by another means, the two powers may clash.
- Requires Empathy (as either a power or a personality trait).
- Peter Petrelli (Heroes); Formerly
- Phoebe Halliwell (Charmed)
- Meggan (Marvel Comics)
- Sylar (Heroes) via Intuitive Aptitude.
- Pittacus Lore via Ximic (I Am Number Four)
- Number Four/John Smith via Ximic (I Am Number Four)