Edward Elric (FullMetal Alchemist) can transmutate the elements
change or alter the chemical compounds of a substance and rearrange the atoms of a structure
The power to change/alter the chemical compounds of a substance by rearranging its atomic structure. Sub-power of Alchemy.
- Chemical Manipulation
The user can transmutate chemical elements with their mind, changing any element form, liquid form, gaseous form, or even plasma form. Some users are limited to a single chemical source or target at a low level, while well trained users turn anything into anything.
- Blood Transformation
- Explosion Inducement
- Lightning Bolt Manipulation by manipulating the charges of atoms.
- Limited Regenerative Healing Factor
- Matter State Manipulation
- Physical Restoration
- Poison Generation
- Potion Creation
- Salt Transmutation
- Thermal Manipulation
- Can speed up chemical reactions.
- Turn the fresh air into a poison gas.
- Turn minerals into metal.
- Flame Enhancement: drawing more flammable gases towards a flame to increase its power.
- Fragrance Manipulation: control scents, aromas, and odors.
- Heat Manipulation: control the objects atoms to increase or decrease heat.
- Partial Transmutation: pulling an object apart at the atomic level.
- Sanitation: to exude a force that kills pathogens.
- Weapon Creation: out of Metal, Stone, etc.
In the "Fullmetal Alchemist", the process generally requires a circular array, though the design varies depending on the intent. The method of carrying it also varies, from drawing it with chalk, having it pre-drawn on paper or stitched into clothing, or even desperately drawing it in one's own blood.
Alchemists who absorb knowledge from The Gate of Truth, (notably Edward Elric, Alphonse Elric, Izumi Curtis, and Van Hohenheim) can clasp their arms (real or prosthetic) and then simply touch the material to be transmuted, though the process is very rare.
- Could have unwanted results if misused.
- May not work on organic matter/living beings.
- Alchemists (FullMetal Alchemist)
- Victoria (Toypetz Club)
- Firestorm (DC Comics)