- "My imagination offered up feverish pictures of a great bloated mass of slobbering malodorous flesh, pocked with gaping mouths, clashing mandibles, protruding rubbery tentacles, and drunkenly weaving eyestalks — then it gave up altogether and retired from the field in disgrace. Whatever I might imagine, what was actually waiting at the bottom of this nest was inevitably going to be worse."
- ― The War Against the Chtorr)
- "Words describing it fail. Pages relating it shrivel. Tales recounting it end."
- ― Magic: The Gathering, "Nemesis of Reason"
The power to use the abilities of a eldritch abomination. Variation of Cosmic Entity Physiology.
- Eldritch Abomination/Entity/God/Horror Physiology
- Eldritch Form
- Lovecraftian Horror
- Outsider Physiology
User with this ability either is or can transform into an eldritch abomination, a being whose very existence defies the rules of nature and/or existence and is defined by its disregard for the natural laws of the universe as we understand them. They wield godlike powers and are, for the most part, not bound by the laws of the universe. Their true form cannot be grasped by mortal beings, and may be interpreted differently by different individuals/species, with others creating a collective delusion of their form. These interpretations can range from the unusual, to the awe-inspiring, to the mind-shatteringly terrifying. It is rare, but not unheard of, for the presence of such a being to benefit the universe it currently inhabits.
- Alien Mind
- Amorphous Physiology
- Cosmic Manipulation
- Dimensional Link
- Divine Presence
- Eldritch Soul
- Fanaticism Inducement
- Fatal Countenance
- Fear Inducement
- Foreign Energy/Foreign Material Manipulation
- Insanity Inducement
- Logic Manipulation
- Madness Manipulation
- Mesmerizing Presence
- Organic Abomination
- Personal Domain
- Power Bestowal
- Reality Warping
- Soul Absorption
- Soul Reading
- Transcendent Physiology
- Unnatural Presence
- Animalistic Abomination: Virtually identical to the above ability, but always confined to a form more or less similar to a terrestrial animal. Users of this variation may be weaker, but also much stealthier due to their "less" horrific presence.
- Cthulhu Mythos Deity Physiology: Similar version of the former, to be of the Cthulhic pantheon is to command the forces other lesser outsider entities as well as create them to suit their various needs.
- Higher-Dimensional Abomination Physiology: A similar version of the above. Due to existing within a higher dimensional plane of existence, they can move about through most any/all planes unabated.
- Humanoid Abomination: Virtually identical to the above ability, but always confined to a more or less humanoid form. Users of this variation may be weaker, but also much stealthier due to their "less" horrific presence.
- Impossible Physiology: Exists in defiance of not only natural law, but every single law of existence and possibility.
- Last Entity Physiology: A form of existence pertaining to the end of all things, these eldritch beings are born from the true end of time and existence.
- Primordial Entity Physiology: Similar to an eldritch being, but one that predates the known sense of recorded existence. Primordial entities are not simply beings who stem from simply being outside of reality, but come into being before concepts were even realized.
- Apocalyptic Force Manipulation
- Ascended Physiology
- Boundary Manipulation
- Chaos Manipulation
- Chaotic Form
- Cosmic Entity Physiology
- Cosmic Hunger
- Cosmic Otherness
- Dimensional Imprisonment
- Eldritch Being Manipulation
- Eldritch Entity Creation
- Eldritch Machine Physiology
- Eldritch Magic
- Existential Manifestations
- Fallen Physiology
- Primordial Force Manipulation
- Reality Consumption
- May be unable to fully manifest in our universe without being let in, or at least focus their attention to the right place.
- Native deities and cosmic beings may seek to banish/destroy the user.
- Their presence may be easily felt, making stealth all but impossible.
- May be susceptible to Sealing or Banishment.
- May be unable to inhabit the normal universe without sufficient nourishment.
See Also: Eldritch Abomination.