- Abyssal Magic
- Alien Magic
- The Orange and Blue Path
User can utilize Eldritch Magic, a variation of magic that is derived from some sort of Eldritch being. What this means ultimately depends on the universe it's used in, but more often than not it's not a good thing. Eldritch Magic practitioners are capable of doing things that can exceed many limitations of Magic usually at the cost of their physical form or their sanity. Eldritch Magic is usually accomplished via communion with eldritch masters.
- Anti-Psychic Presence: In effect to ones unique craft one can also develop a counter countenance against mentalist effects.
- Astral Manipulation: Tap into/commune with spiritual beings of the plane.
- Cosmic Awareness: Become aware of the cosmos at large.
- Divine Empowerment: Gain power from the "gods" beyond.
- Corrupting Madness: Corrupt foes with madness.
- Dream Manipulation: Enter the dreams of mortals, and even affect the dreams of entire species.
- Insanity Empowerment: Empower yourself with the madness that your masters induce.
- Mental Breakdown: Probe the minds of your opponents and cause their minds to break.
- Nonexistence: Eliminate things from reality entirely.
- Psionic Manipulation: Manipulate matter at the most fundamental level and minds of multiple subjects at once.
- Psycho Warping: Twist reality by feeding into the delirium caused within afflicted hosts
- Fatal Countenance: Have a form that can destroy opponents in mind and body.
- Magic Negation: Due to the nature of Eldritch Magic, it's very possible that users will be able to negate "regular" magic.
- Shapeshifting: Take on horrifying forms that often reflect the eldritch visages of your masters.
- Malleable Anatomy: User's body can change into an eldritch essence capable to molding and reshaping to his/her will.
- Soul Absorption: Absorb the very souls of your opponents.
- Spell Casting
- Summoning/Banishing of eldritch entities.
- Symbol Magic: The ability to use eldritch runes and ritual circles, in some cases to potentially summon eldritch entities.
- Alien Mind: Users may develop this over time due to exposure to eldritch energies and entities.
- Cthulhu Mythos Deity Physiology
- Dark Arts
- Divine Magic
- Divine Monster Physiology
- Eldritch Physiology
- Eldritch Soul
- Madness Magic
- Magic Transcendence
- Magic Negation/Magic Destruction
- May cause the user to go insane.
- User may lose powers if the user's master is sealed away.
- There is always a price, usually a heavy one.
- Users of Magic (CthulhuTech)
- Keziah Mason (The Dreams in the Witch House)
- The Scelesti (Mage: the Awakening)
- Dark Tapestry Mystery Oracles (Pathfinder)
- Users of the Dark Tapestry Domain (Pathfinder)
- Bob Howard (The Laundry Series)
- Angleton (The Laundry Series)
- Users of Arcane (Bloodborne)
- Rose Lalonde (Homestuck)
- Double Trouble (Skylanders); via Eldritch Staff