The ability to determine the location of objects in the environment by use of reflected sound waves. Sub-Power of Sound Manipulation.
- Radar Pulse/Sense
- Sonar Sense
Users emit calls out to the environment and listen to the echoes of those calls that return from various objects near them, and use these echoes to locate and identify the objects. Alternately, they can use ambient sounds to do the same. Since this ability isn't based on sight/light, Invisibility is useless against it, as are most forms of Camouflage.
- Illusion Awareness: Illusions lack mass from which sound would bounce.
- Energy Senses: can be used for similar effect.
- Seismic Sense: Sense vibrations from solid objects.
- Sonar: Echolocation using water as a medium instead of air.
- Animal Morphing
- Energy Perception
- Psychic Navigation
- Sonic Scream
- Sound Manipulation
- Sound Tracking
- Other sounds may throw off this ability's effectiveness.
- Users may have sensitive ears, which can be painful.
- Blocked by powers that can prevent/dampen sound-waves (Air Manipulation, Force-Field Generation, etc.).
- Completely negated by Inaudibility.
- Depends on how user's powers works, certain things may not be detectable.
- Can be overloaded if there are too many sensory impressions.