Banshee (Marvel) uses Sonic Scream to perform Echolocation.
Navigate via sound waves
The ability to determine the location of objects in the environment by use of reflected sound waves.
- Radar Pulse/Sense
- Sonar Sense
Users emit calls out to the environment and listen to the echoes of those calls that return from various objects near them, and use these echoes to locate and identify the objects. Alternately, they can use ambient sounds do the same. Since this ability isn't based on sight/light, Invisibility is useless against it, as are most forms of Camouflage.
- Illusion Awareness: Illusions lack mass from which sound would bounce.
- Energy Senses: can be used for similar effect.
- Seismic Sense: Sense vibrations from solid objects.
- Sonar: Echolocation using water as a medium instead of air.
- Other sounds may throw off this ability's effectiveness.
- Users often have sensitive ears, which can be painful.
- Sound dampening skills such as Air Manipulation, or Force-Field Generation may halt this power.
- Inaudibility negates this power completely.
- Certain things may not be detectable which depends on how that users' powers works.
- Can be overloaded if there are too many sensory impressions.