Samuel Sullivan (Heroes) uses this ability to destroy a police station
- "The key to Earthbending is your stance - you've gotta be steady and strong. Rock is a stubborn element. If you're going to move it, you've gotta be like a rock yourself"
- ― Toph, Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Earth Element Control
- Earth Release/Doton
User can create, shape and manipulate earth and "Earthen" elements including most solid objects, specifically all minerals and mineral compositions regardless of their state (mountain, boulder, sand or dust), dirt, soil, etc.
- Create/generate/increase earthen materials.
- Shape, compress, and/or otherwise manipulate earthen materials.
- Burrowing with choice between simply gliding through earth or leaving a tunnel.
- Cause Avalanches, Earthquakes, Mudslides or Quicksand.
- Earth Attacks
- Limited Gravity Manipulation
- Ground Liquification
- Limited Magnetism Manipulation
- Move/lift earth, rocks, boulders, and stones at nearly any speed whether in/on a surface, air or water. One could even do this in a vacuum of space if one has a way to survive the experience.
- Remove and/or purify the pollutants.
- Tectonic Plate Manipulation
- Terrakinetic Constructs, including weapons, walls, armor or allies/servants.
- Abacomancy divination using Sand, Dust, Etc.
- Earth Augmentation
- Earth Aura
- Earth Communication
- Earth Empowerment
- Earth Mimicry
- Earth Portal Creation
- Geokinetic Combat
- Geokinetic Invisibility
- Geokinetic Regeneration
- Ground Rupturing
- Healing Earth
- Seismic Sense sense/perceive vibrations in the earth.
- Asphalt Manipulation - control asphalt.
- Black Earth Manipulation
- Calcium Manipulation - control calcium.
- Carbon Manipulation - control carbon.
- Clay Manipulation - control clay.
- Coal Manipulation - control coal.
- Concrete Manipulation - control concrete.
- Cosmic-Earth Manipulation
- Crystal Manipulation - control crystalline materials.
- Demonic Earth Manipulation
- Dust Manipulation - control dust particles.
- Earth Embodiment
- Earth Energy Manipulation
- Earth Magic
- Empathic Earth Manipulation
- Esoteric Earth Manipulation
- Fossil Manipulation - control fossils.
- Glass Manipulation - control silica.
- Magma Manipulation - control magma, lava or other extremely hot solids.
- Metal Manipulation - control metals.
- Mineral Manipulation - control minerals and rocks.
- Mud Manipulation - control mud.
- Oil Manipulation - control natural oils from within the earth.
- Pure Earth Manipulation
- Salt Manipulation - control salt.
- Sand Manipulation - control silicate particles of the earth.
- Soil Manipulation - control dirt and soil.
Some universes include Plant Manipulation as a form of earth manipulation.
- Architecture Manipulation
- Ash Manipulation control the ashes as they become part of the soil.
- Smoke Manipulation smoke is basically microscopic ash.
- Bone Manipulation
- Cave Manipulation
- Electricity Generation via Geomagnetism.
- Elemental Manipulation
- Erosion Manipulation
- Mountain Manipulation
- Paint Manipulation
- Solid Manipulation
- Space Rock Manipulation
- Terrain Manipulation
As one of the classical Elements, Earth is associated with:
- May be unable to create earth, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- May have to be/stay in contact with earth.
- Glass and artificial solids may be hard or impossible to control.
- Geokinetic Immunity
- May not be able to control over extraterrestrial (Alien) elements.
- May be weak against Electricity Manipulation as electricity can travel through the ground and break apart the earth.
See Also: Dishing Out Dirt.