- "No matter how far you go, the same path lies in front of you."
- ― Kiba (Wolf's Rain)
- "The distance between these two points seems far, until you do this."
- (bends the branch ends together)
- "Oh I know this. One of our scientist talked about this. What you are talking about is folding space."
- "No, you wouldn't understand."
- ― Omoc and Daniel Jackson (Stargate SG-1)
The ability to manipulate distance. Sub-power of Spatial Manipulation.
- Range Manipulation
- Shukuchi (Reduced Earth)
User can create, shape and manipulate distance; a numerical description of how far apart objects are. In physics or everyday discussion, distance may refer to a physical length, or an estimation based on other criteria (e.g. "two counties over"). In mathematics, a distance function or metric is a generalization of the concept of physical distance.
Thus the user is able to manipulate how far objects are from each other, regardless of the other objects around them. For example: user can make two objects touch each other from different sides of the room, without having to move them; this could potentially allow one to bypass in-between obstacles. The user can also apply this to the surrounding structures, such as making a hallway potentially never ending, or reducing a gigantic room into a cramped space.
By applying this ability on sensory, they can sense far away targets as if they were right in front of the user, or extend the distance to prevent the enemies from sensing.
Even if objects are touching face-to-face with each other, there is still a gap in between them, separating the objects' individuality, if only by a molecular-level. By reducing the distance to absolute zero, one can potentially fuse the two objects down at the molecular, or even atomic, level. By reducing the distance of space around an object to zero, the target can be crushed into a singularity, completely destroying them, akin to a black hole.
- Distance Sense
- Enhanced Stride
- Path Manipulation
- Remote Teleportation
- Spatial Expansion
- Spatial Flight
- Teleportation Manipulation
- Terrain Manipulation
- Enhanced/Supernatural Senses: Reduce the distance between sensory organs and the target.
- Remote Attacks: Project attacks at a distance.
- Momentum Charge: Increase distance to build up momentum.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Close the distance of open wounds and severed blood flow to heal oneself.
- Spatial Crushing: Decrease the distance between two spaces to crush everything in between.
- Spatial Slicing: Increase the distance in-between matter to bifurcate the target.
- Messing up with this power may be very confusing.
- Users of Shortcut Access are immune.
- Space Gem (Marvel Comics)