Tom (Heroes) causes an ornament to shatter
Cause objects or people to lose cohesion
- "A shaft of energy shot out from the eye, bathing him in its glow. The next instant, Carapar shattered into fragments as if he had been made of crystal. Then there was nothing left of him but a pile of glittering dust on the stone floor."
- ―Narrator, Federation of Fear
- Disintegration Rays
- Matter Disintegration
Users cause molecules to lose cohesion. Some can make matter fall part, others may wipe away beings on a molecular level. Dangerous ability, in that it may even revert matter into pure energy. The effect is induced by a variety of means, such as thought, touch, or energy waves.
- Death Inducement by disintegrating a life-form
- Disintegration Beam: beam that can disintegrate matter.
- Disintegration Touch: disintegrate objects by touch.
- Evaporation: disperse objects into gases.
- Granulation: turn objects into sand.
- Self-Disintegration: disintegrate one's body molecules to dust and eventually, integrate back to normal form.
- Charged Particles Manipulation
- Dark Matter and Antimatter Manipulation may have disintegrating properties.
- Dimensional Manipulation or Teleportation may accidentally cause this.
- Elemental Manipulation
- Life-Force Absorption may cause this to happen.
- Molecular Manipulation
- Abilities may be involuntary
- Full deconstruction may take a long time
- Ability may only work to destroy, making reassembly difficult or impossible
- Users require concentration or focus to properly aim
- Users may not be immune
- Ambient Resource Construction can reverse the effects on inorganic objects.