- For a gallery of examples for Dermal Armor, see here.
The Thing (Marvel) has an extremely tough skin.
have innate armor
- Armored Skin
- Impenetrable Skin
- Natural Armor
- Skin Armor
- Thick Skin
- Tough Skin
The users has or can generate an innate armor as a part of their body, which is resistant to attacks, harm or pain and temperature extremes. The armor varies from obvious, physical defenses, such as scales, thick skin/fur, natural shield, armor or shell, in-organic skin, etc, to bone-nodules below skin, particularly wide/sturdy rib-cake, blubber, or simply dense muscle.
- Bulletproof Durability
- Natural Weaponry
- Pain Suppression
- Thermal Resistance
- Biological Manipulation
- Body Manipulation
- Density Manipulation
- Elemental Mimicry: the skin may be formed from a strong element (Stone, gem, metal, etc).
- Fur Generation
- Shield Protrusion
- Skin Manipulation
- Depending on how heavy armor users may sink in water.
- If one were to disrupt the process of "armoring up" the results would be user losing the ability to armor up for quite awhile.
- Selective armoring is rare, in short it is an "all or none" principle, either fully armored or not at all.
- May sacrifice speed for durability.
- Reverting back to original form or natural state may be moderately difficult or irreversible.