- "God locked the Darkness away where it could do no harm, and he created a mark that would serve as both lock and key."
- ― Death to Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
The ability to seal darkness/shadows into objects/beings. Variation of Elemental Sealing.
- Shadow Sealing
The user is able to seal darkness/shadows within objects/beings and release it when needed, causing it to have various effects on the target.
- Esoteric-like users have a more vague and devastating effect on the victims, such as dark or divine.
- Have the darkness unsealed when a specific condition is triggered.
- Seal away darkness in an area.
- Darkness Negation can create areas of light.
- Blindness Inducement caused by release of darkness.
- Corruption Inducement caused by sealing darkness within someone/something.
- Can't be unsealed if the host is in an environment in which darkness cannot exist.
- Destruction of host body will unwillingly unleash the sealed darkness.
- May not have control over released darkness.
- Users of Shadow Mimicry can negate this.
- Powerful users of Darkness Manipulation can gain control of this.
- Phoena (Chain Chronicle)
- God (Supernatural)
- Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
- Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog 2006)
- Holy Ark (Arc the Lad)
- The Mark of Cain (Supernatural)
- Scepter of Darkness (Sonic the Hedgehog 2006)