- For a gallery of examples for Darkness Manipulation, see here.
The Shade (DC Comics) can manipulate darkness via connection to the Shadowlands/Dark Zone, a dimension of primordial, quasi-sentient darkness.
- Darkness Control
- Shadow Manipulation
User can create, shape and manipulate darkness and shadows. By itself, darkness is mostly used to cloud everything into total darkness, but by accessing a dimension of dark energy it can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid substance: one can also control and manipulate the beings that exist there, create and dispel shields and areas of total darkness, create a variety of constructs and weapons, and teleport one's self through massive distances via shadows.
- Create/generate/increase, absorb, shape and manipulate darkness/shadow for various effects, sizes, shapes and intensity levels.
- Darkness Adaptation
- Darkness Attacks
- Solidification via controlling darkness/shadow:
- Darkness Aura
- Darkness Healing
- Portal Creation/Umbrageous Teleportation using darkness/shadow by understanding the fundamental connection all shadows/darkness share.
- Shadow Mimicry
- Umbrakinetic Combat
- Corrupted Darkness Manipulation
- Dark Energy Manipulation
- Primordial Darkness Manipulation
- Sacred Darkness Manipulation
- Dark Element Manipulation by merging the darkness into elements.
- Dark Form
- Darkside View by manipulating the dark corners of one's mind and soul.
- Mental Manipulation by learning to control dark corners of mind and soul.
- Freezing as darkness is absence of light, so is cold absence of heat.
- Gravity Manipulation by using darkness in a way that it gains the power of a Black Hole.
- If user also has Light Manipulation, they could learn Twilight Manipulation.
- Night Embodiment
- Umbrakinetic Immunity
- May be unable to create darkness/shadow, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- May have to be in sync with darkness, whether their own or the source of their power.
- May become affected/corrupted through extended exposure.
- Light Manipulation and Light Generation are especially effective against this power. However it should be noted that darkness can overpower light as well.
See Also: Casting a Shadow