- For a gallery of examples for Darkness Manipulation, see here.
The Shade (DC Comics) can manipulate darkness via connection to the Shadowlands/Dark Zone, a dimension of primordial, quasi-sentient darkness.
The power to manipulate darkness/shadows. The opposite of Light Manipulation.
- Blackness Control/Manipulation
- Darkness Control
- Shadow Control/Manipulation
User can create, shape and manipulate darkness and shadows. By itself, darkness is mostly used to cloud everything into total darkness, but by accessing a dimension of dark energy it can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid substance: one can also control and manipulate the beings that exist there, create and dispel shields and areas of total darkness, create constructs and weapons, teleport one's self through massive distances via shadows, etc.
- Create/generate/increase, absorb, shape and manipulate darkness/shadow for various effects, sizes, shapes and intensity levels.
- Darkness Adaptation
- Darkness Attacks
- Darkness Solidification via controlling darkness/shadow:
- Shadow Marionette
- Dark Portal Creation/Umbrageous Teleportation using darkness/shadow by understanding the fundamental connection all shadows/darkness share.
- Darkness Aura
- Darkness Empowerment
- Darkness Healing
- Shadow Mimicry
- Shadow Mutilation
- Umbrakinetic Combat
- Umbrakinetic Regeneration
- Corrupted Darkness Manipulation
- Dark Energy Manipulation
- Dark World Manipulation
- Esoteric Darkness Manipulation
- Primordial Darkness Manipulation
- Sacred Darkness Manipulation
- Shadow Magic
- Dark Element Manipulation by merging the darkness into elements.
- Dark Form
- Darkness Embodiment
- Darkside View by manipulating the dark corners of one's mind and soul.
- Mental Manipulation by learning to control dark corners of mind and soul.
- Freezing as darkness is absence of light, so cold is the absence of heat.
- Gravity Manipulation by using darkness in a way that it gains the power of a Black Hole.
- If user also has Light Manipulation, they could learn Twilight Manipulation.
- Night Embodiment
- Umbrakinetic Immunity
- May be unable to create darkness/shadow, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- May have to be in sync with darkness, whether their own or the source of their power.
- May become affected/corrupted through extended exposure.
- Light Manipulation and Light Generation are especially effective against this power. However it should be noted that darkness can overpower light as well.
- Umbrakinetic Immunity.
See Also: Casting a Shadow