- Black/Blackened/Corrupt/Impure/Tainted Life-Force/Soul
- Soul of Pure Corruption/Darkness/Shadow
User possesses a soul that is either entirely devoid of light, or has been thoroughly corrupted to the point of enabling the use of arcane, unnatural powers not accessible to the pure. This soul often results in the user being driven to evil and chaos, but the user could, if adequately accustomed to the darkness, use it without descending into evil. This type of soul often causes the wielder to become adverse to holy or pure powers.
- Apathy: Close oneself off from the souls of others.
- Corruption Empowerment: Gain strength from one's own corrupt nature.
- Dark Arts
- Good Immunity: Resist good by a soul of pure evil.
- Inner Darkness Externalization: The user can control their inner darkness to many dark effects.
- Powers Via Object: If object requires malice of soul.
- Ambition Manipulation
- Artificial Soul
- Corruption Manipulation
- Dark Heart
- Demon Soul
- Devil Soul
- Indomitable Will
- Multiple Souls
- Strong Soul
- May be incapable of good, even by their own volition.
- May be vulnerable to Purification.
- If purification is desired, it may be much harder than for someone with a Dark Heart.
- Furtive Pygmy (Dark Souls); via the Dark Soul
- Knight Artorias the Abysswalker (Dark Souls)
- Manus, Father of the Abyss (Dark Souls)
- Elana, the Squalid Queen (Dark Souls II)
- Nadalia, Bride of Ash (Dark Souls II)
- Nashandra (Dark Souls II)
- Aldrich, Devourer of Gods (Dark Souls III)
- Deacons of the Deep (Dark Souls III)
- Karla (Dark Souls III)
- Slave Knight Gael (Dark Souls III); via the Dark Soul
- Absalom, Avatar of Chaos (Darksiders 2)
- Cervantes de Leon (Soul Series)
- Nightmare (Soul Series)
- M. Bison (Street Fighter); via Psycho Power