- "There has to be a counterbalance; for every action, there must be an equal and opposite reaction."
- ― Isaac Newton
The ability to counter anything/everything. Not to be confused with Omnicounter.
- Counter Force Control
User can counter anything including events, powers, choices, creations/destruction etc., in a number of ways, from gaining counter abilities (IE. Enemy uses fire, you can use water) to wiping out an entire army, just to protect their interests. They may be tied to the whims of the granter of these powers, may be a god themselves, and unable to pick and choose, or chose to be used by the Counter-Force, or maybe even be the Counter-Force itself.
User is armed for any situation that may arise, and as such, have great skill on their own. This ability also includes not only countering out, or negating a situation that could be bad/good, but also being able to change peoples ways. As simply Countering out something still leaves the situation unresolved.
- Absolute Restoration
- Conclusion Dominance: By Changing the ending of the world or any Event, through shear force of will and putting forth the effort.
- Counter: Counter attack outright.
- Evolution Manipulation: Acts as a counter for what does and doesn't evolve, thus eliminating Stagnation.
- Interaction Manipulation
- Judgement Manipulation
- Omnicounter: The ability to counter even opposing forces meant to counter.
- Power Opposition: The ability to counteract any and all powers, but may be lacking.
- Superior Adaptation: able to adapt, adjust and accommodate the proper counteractive response to anything.
- May not be able to save everyone/everything, as the user is just one person.
- May make things worse, by taking out the wrong person.
- May force a stalemate
- May not have a counter for everything.
- May have to get hit a few times before coming up with a plan.
- May have a counter for everything, but may assess the situation wrong, and pick the wrong counter.
See Also: Status Quo Is God.
- Cloud of Darkness/Cloud of Light (Final Fantasy III)
- Phoenix Force (Marvel Comics); as a counter force for evolution.
- Ajimu Najimi (Medaka Box) Literally has something for everything.
- Counter-Actor (Tenchi Muyo)
- Liege Maximo (Transformers)
- For Whom the Death Tolls (Grrl Power Comic)
- Anima and Animus (Xenosaga)