- "You don't always need to fight with brute force... but use the brute in your enemy to fight."
- ― Truth (BlazBlue)
The ability to counter the enemy attacks by using their own physical force against them in addition to the user's attack power. Sub-power of Enhanced Combat. Not be confused with Power Echo and/or Power Reflection.
- Counter Attack
User can reverse the moves of opponents and attack with the user's own counter moves. This technique acts as a trump card against opponent with superior power and skill, as it turns the strength of such opponents against them.
- Cross-Counter Move - After taking damage counter with a attack with the same strength as what hit you.
- Counter-Counter Move - counter of a counter move by an opponent.
- Defense Counter Move - for defense after the user is hit.
- Ocular Counter Move - ocular based counter which alters the visual perception of an opponent with quick speed and fluid movements.
- Physical Counter Move - Right before getting hit (or when the attack hits your weapon or you), the user counters with a attack of their own.
- Quick Time Move - slows down time perception allowing the user to dodge an attack or to attack in a moment's notice.
- Vertigo Counter Mover - flipping the user's muscle movements making the opponent think of the opposite functions for the user's body.
- Absolute Counter
- Body Language Analysis
- Counter-Force Manipulation
- Danger Intuition
- Enhanced Combat
- Power Echo
- Reactive Adaptation
- Certain Overburst Powers/Special Attacks can't be reversed.
- Absolute Attacks are unable to be countered, unless the user has Absolute Counter.
- May take damage when countering an attack and as such can be struck down if they do not have the strength to counter that attack.
- There's always the chance of misperceiving an attack.