- "One must keep his friends close, Raziel, and his enemies even closer. Can you not grasp the beauty of the paradox?"
- ― Kain (Soul Reaver)
- Resurrection Conversion
- Transformation Resurrection
Users can raise the dead into a different type of creature (demons, vampires, werewolves, humans, etc.), usually the one they are themselves part of. While the revived creatures retain most of their original traits, they also undergo a physical and mental transformation, gaining additional abilities and traits relatives to their new nature, as well as a sire bond to the user.
- Resurrection Bless/Cursed Resurrection- This transformation after resurrection can be seen as either a blessing or a curse.
- Unless user have other ways to control the newly risen/transformed being is free-willed.
- If they raised enemy or someone against their will, their troubles just got worse.
- May be limited to conversing each creature only once.
- Conversion Negation
- Yonaga (Luger Code 1951)
- God (Supernatural); resurrected the then-human Castiel back into an Angel, specifically a Seraph.
- Kain (Legacy of Kain Series)
- Evil Ernie (Chaos!/Dynamite Entertainment)
- Ho-Oh (Pokémon); resurrected three unknown Pokémon into the three 'Legendary beasts'.
- Kobali (Star Trek Voyager)
- Nethersphere (Doctor Who); resurrects all dead humans into Cybermen
- Mark of Cain (Supernatural); resurrected Cain and Dean Winchester as a demon.