- Bewilderment Inducement
User can cause confusion (temporary interference with the clear working of targets mind) in a person or group of people. Depending of the power of user and/or attack this can cause momentary or longer lasting inability to focus attention, loss of orientation (ability to place oneself correctly in the world by time, location, and/or personal identity), disordered memory (ability to correctly recall previous events or learn new material).
- Cause confusion in a person or crowd.
- Distract the target just long enough to slip by.
- Brainwave Manipulation
- Fatigue Manipulation
- Emotion Inducement
- Memory Manipulation
- Mental Hallucination
- Mental Inducement
- Mind Control
- Users of Psychic Shield are either immune or highly resistant.
- Strong-willed or focused people are likely to be able to resist this attack or at least recover quickly.
- Prolonged use of this ability may lead to severe - if not permanent - damage to the user's mind.
- Edgar Roni Figaro (Final Fantasy VI)
- Eris/Discordia (Greco-Roman Mythology)
- Pokémon that can learn confusion inducing attacks (Pokémon)
- Taylor and Tara Ridley (Michael Vey series)
- Psychics (Psychonauts)
- Mutant Rats (Psychonauts)
- Confundus Charm users (Harry Potter)
- The Orb of Confusion (Spongebob Squarepants)
- Brain Tanks (Psychonauts)
- Staffs of Confusion (Bionicle)