The power to gain powers through a symbiotic relationship with a conceptual/concept-based being. Variation of Symbiosis.
- Abstract Symbiosis
- Concept Symbiosis
- Incarnation Symbiosis
- Paradigm Symbiosis
The user can gain powers through a symbiotic relationship with a conceptual/concept-based being, absorbing the energy/force of a particular concept or embodiment or even acting as a host for the actual abstract being. This gives them various powerful abilities, up to reality warping or the manipulation of universal laws and precepts.
- Concept-Dependent Immortality
- Concept Manipulation
- Concept Physiology
- Conceptual Element Manipulation
- Conceptual Materialization
- The conceptual entity may take over the host’s mind and/or body (Possession).
- The power wielded may be dangerous to the user.
- Powerful conceptual entity may harm or even destroy host’s body.
- Bond Destruction/Concept Absorption/Concept Destruction/Conceptual Containment could defeat the user.
- May require a supernatural contract.
- Conceptual Transcendence users are immune.
- Avatars (Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra)
- Entity Hosts (DC Comics)
- Doctor Fate (DC Comics)
- Dove (DC Comics)
- Hawk (DC Comics)
- Unalaq/Dark Avatar (The Legend of Korra)
- Phoenix Force Hosts (Marvel Comics)
- Miraculous holders (Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir)
- SCP-3731 - Normality Will Be Protected (SCP Foundation); via SCP-3996 - The Empyrean Parasite
- Frisk (Undertale); becomes Chara at the end of the genocide route