- "Strength of body, when combined with strength of mind and spirit, can move mountains. Alone, however, the body shatters against rock like a brittle twig."
- ― Chikara-Shisho explaining to the Ninja Turtles of Chi's effect on the body.
- Ki/Qi Control/Manipulation
- Ki (Japanese)
- Qi/Qigong (Chinese)
User can create, shape, and manipulate chi. By learning to harness this inner natural energy, they can gain superhuman capabilities, which can be used in cases of extreme combat. Some examples include physically manifesting all of their inner strength and unleash it to the fullest extent of its power through shear force of will, achieving extraordinary abilities, strength, speed, durability, and reflexes, or in some cases, enables the use of super awareness, energy blasts, elemental manipulation, and sometimes invulnerability.
In different cases, the user can produce chi by channeling the energy through the physical body or by using the natural energy of the planet or cosmos.
- Balance: Users are able to balance by the force of yin and yang.
- Channeling: Users can utilize there chi towards a great potential to use there chi for any kind of possibilities.
- Chi Augmentation: Use one's chi in order increase their physical aspects.
- Combat Empowerment: The more the user fights, the stronger their bodies grow, thus strengthening their chi.
- Enhanced Condition/Supernatural Condition: Channels one's chi within in order to push one's physical capabilities to superhuman levels.
- Enhanced Combat/Supernatural Combat: Users of chi are able to enhance their combat skills.
- Enhanced Durability/Supernaturally Dense Tissue: When amplified by chi, the body is capable of withstanding most forms of pain.
- Enhanced Senses/Supernatural Senses: User's senses are increased above average.
- Enhanced Jump/Supernatural Leap: Use one's chi to increase one's jumping heights
- Enhanced Speed/Supernatural Speed: Use one's chi in order to increase their speed to the point where they cannot be seen.
- Enhanced Strength/Supernatural Strength: Increase one's physical strength to the point where one is capable of destroying strong material.
- Chi Invisibility: Use chi to become invisible.
- Chi Magic: Utilize chi as a source to cast magic.
- Chi Projection: Emit chi outside of one's body.
- Chi Aura: Able to surround oneself in chi energy.
- Energetic Pressure: Concentrate a large amount of chi, capable of causing damage in one's surroundings.
- Enhanced Roar (Kiai): One can channel their chi to unleash a destructive battle cry.
- Invisible Energy Manipulation: Utilize chi to exert invisible energy from the physical body.
- Chi Aura: Able to surround oneself in chi energy.
- Chi Sense: Users are able to use their chi to sense others.
- Cosmic/Planetary Empowerment: Users are able to channel the natural energy of the planet or cosmos and convert them into powerful chi.
- Elemental Manipulation: Users are able to manifest their chi into various elements.
- Empowered State: Use chi to empower one's natural abilities.
- Ergokinetic Combat: Utilize chi for cases of extreme combat.
- Higher Consciousness: Being linked to one's consciousness, chi is able to allow one to be in their true mind.
- Indomitable Will: The full power of chi can be unleashed through sheer force of will.
- Ki Masking: Hides one's chi.
- Life-Force Attacks: Utilize one's chi for powerful offensive attacks.
- Life-Force Ball Projection: Shape one's chi into the shape of a glowing orb of energy that is capable of mass destruction to large areas.
- Life-Force Blast: User can channel their chi into the form of destructive blasts.
- Life-Force Beam Emission: Users are able channel the chi and project it in the form of a destructive beam of energy.
- Life-Force Infusion: Users can infuse anything (usually a weapon) with their chi.
- Life-Force Constructs: Users are able to form their chi into powerful energy constructs.
- Life-Force Blade Construction: Users are able to solidify their chi and shape it into razor sharp weapons.
- Life-Force Inhibition: Inhibit the flow of chi in one's body and others.
- Nature Unity: Users of chi are able to become one with nature.
- Battlefield Adaptation: Users can orientate their entire body to combat, allowing to fight in any environment.
- Power Mixture: Mix one's chi with the chi of others (Ex: Omi (Xiaolin Showdown) using the Sun Chi Lantern in order to mix his chi with the other Xiaolin Dragons.)
- Synchronization: Once the user becomes in mixes their chi with the chi of others, they are able to become in sync with the energy, allowing them achieve extraordinary power and acquire in new abilities.
- Spiritual Meditation: Meditate to obtain absolute focus in order to fully manifest one's chi.
- Spiritual Healing: Users are able to repair damage that has been done to the body whether it be internal or external.
- Transformation: By harnessing their chi, users can transform into a stronger being with greater abilities.
- Dark Chi Manipulation: Chi can be tainted by dark forces.
- Pure Chi Manipulation: One's chi can be purified against evil influences to better fight against them.
- Ambition Manipulation: Chi is also fueled by one's fighting spirit and act of not doubting.
- Aura Manipulation - Spiritual counterpart.
- Light Generation - Chi is often bio-luminescent
- Mystical Martial Arts and Yin & Yang Manipulation: The concept of yin/yang and chi are in Chinese martial arts. If one wishes to perfect their chi, they must find balance
- Power Manifestation: Tap into the eternal energy forces of the astral plane and become a physical representation of one's inner power
- Avatar Creation: Use one's chi to create a personal avatar to represent one's true nature and power.
- Training Regimen: As one trains an develops their body, their chi will also become strong.
- Transcendent Energy Manipulation: Should the user experience a sort of fundamental change or tap into a powerful force, they will become exceed their current power and gain control a transcendent form of chi.
In many cultures of the world, both aura and chi are very similar. However, there are some feats that both are unable to perform.
- Does not require layers or colors.
- Deals more with physical power than spiritual.
- Deals with energy and strength.
- Can be one with nature and the cosmos.
- Requires spiritual harmony.
- Able to recognize if a person has special abilities.
- Deals with consciousness and personality.
- Can be one with the universe.
- Takes time to build up chi depending on the amount.
- Chi is often finite and can be used up quickly.
- May require training to control the chi within them.
- Excessive use of chi will also create fatigue.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user, and their power's natural limits.
- Vulnerable to corruption, resulting in dark chi.
- If one's body is not physically prepared, then the chi could be sent into flux.
- User may need to be practitioner in martial arts.
- Life-Force Inhibition is the perfect counter.
To learn more how the concept of chi is used in fictional universes and real life, visit the following websites.
- Chi in Kung Fu Panda
- Chi in the World of Avatar
- Dantian, the centers chi
- Ki in Dragon Ball
- Ki, Dual Ki, and Seidou Goui of Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
- Ki in Tenjou Tenge
- Qi in Samurai Jack