The power to possess the traits and powers of archetypal chess pieces.
- Chess Piece Mimicry/Physiology
The user can mimic, is, or has the ability to take on the form of at least one of the sixteen pieces of the Chess. Each piece has certain abilities that are drawn directly from their abilities in the game and some that are conceptually connected to them.
- Ambition Manipulation
- Law Manipulation
- Personal Domain
- Population Control
- Supreme Voice
- Extra-dimensional Energy Generation
- Life Mastery
- Supernatural Beauty
- Divine Power or Demonic Power
- Divine Weaponry or Demonic Weaponry
- Enhanced Speed
- Energy Circle Combat
- Power Augmentation
- Magic Books
- Flash Step
- Weapon Proficiency
- Animal Empathy
- Authority second to the king and queens.
- Penetration & Protection
- Fortress Physiology
- Enhanced Crafting
- Mechanical Intuition
- Enhanced Combat
- Mode Switching
- Sacrificial Creation
If the user is/becomes a chess-piece, they gain:
- Defunct Physiology
- Metal Mimicry, Plastic Mimicry, Rock Mimicry or Wood Mimicry depending on the material they are made of.
See Also: Chess Motifs.
- Several Characters (Through the Looking-Glass)
- Carapricians (Homestuck)
- Peerage members (Highschool DxD)
- Check Mate (Ultimate Muscle)
- "Archfiend" Archetype monsters (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- Damned Chessman (Devil May Cry 3)
- Black and White PawnChessmon and their evolutions (Digimon)
- Kingman.EXE (MegaMan Battle Network 3)