The power to reduce the usage/effects of powers to a certain number or amount of usage. Opposite to Ability Recharging.
- Cooldown Increase
The user can cause powers of others to be limited to a number of times of usage or increase the cooldown time for when using powers which makes it hard to use the same power for the other users. Among other effects, debuffs frequently lower attributes, hinder the effectiveness of the target's actions, or cause damage over time.
- May have limit to how many times this power can be used.
- May not have control as to how much power the buffering reduced.
- May only last for a short period of time.
- Skolas (Destiny)
- Sardon (Destiny)
- Kaldr, The Ancient Apparition (DOTA); via Ice Blast
- Irene Belserion (Fairy Tail)
- Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
- Various Witches (Gokukoku no Brynhildr)
- Pokémon using the move Spite or Grudge (Pokémon)
- Pokémon with the ability Pressure (Pokémon)
- Warlock (Warcraft); via "Curse of the Elements"
- Hunter (Warcraft); via "Sorpid Sting"
- Druids (Warcraft); via "Faerie Fire"
- Warrior(Warcraft); via "Demoralizing Shout"
- Rogue (Warcraft); via "Wound Poison"
- Priest (Warcraft); via "Misery"