The ability to induce blindness in other beings. Variation of Sense Inducement, Sense Removal and Sensory Deprivation.
The user can induce temporary or permanent blindness in other beings and greatly hinder opponents by taking away one of their most important sensory abilities.
- Opponents with Blindsight or are blind in general are not hindered by the user's ability.
- Opponents who rely on other senses instead of sight are only slightly hindered by the ability.
- May need to be able to see the target.
- May not able to affect the users of Blindness Immunity.
- May not be immune to the ability itself. (e.g. may have to close their eyes when using it)
- May be temporary.
- Sightless Andat (Long Price Quartet)
- Maka'ole berry (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Darkness ÄRM, Slowpoke (Marchen Awakens Romance)
Whiteout (Marvel) using her powers to blind opponents.
Whenever her Plodex DNA and programming take over, Marrina Smallwood (Marvel Comics) secrets an oil that causes extreme constriction in the pupils of others, causing temporary blindness.
Kaname Tosen's (Bleach) Bankai creates a dome which forms a void that nullifies the senses of spiritual energy, sight, sound, and scent within its range.
Darkness ÄRM, Slowpoke (Marchen Awakens Romance) stops the opponent from moving, but the side effect ironically blinds the user.
Using the Solar Flare, Tien Shinhan (Dragon Ball) emits a bright light that temporarily blinds everyone who sees it, allowing him to either set up an attack or retreat.
Krillin (Dragon Ball) uses the Solar Flare x100, a more powerful version of the Solar Flare that can blind opponents even if their eyes are closed.
Piccolo (Dragon Ball) uses an Eye Flash to temporarily blind Frieza.
Chrysaor Krishna (Saint Seiya) with the light of his attack (Maha Roshini) can blinds his victims.
Whiteout (Marvel) can give off a bright flash of blinding light that leaves her opponents effectively snow-blind for approximately one minute.