The power to bind, imprison or otherwise stop targets. Opposite to Freeing.
User is able to bind, imprison, paralyze and/or otherwise stop targets moving normally and possibly completely freezing them where they were. Can be achieved using various means including energy-based or physical restrains or mental effects.
There are several different ways for binding someone:
- Caging: surrounding object with barriers or otherwise restrict their actions, so they can move inside but have no way getting out. Examples: Book Imprisonment, Card Imprisonment, Cocoon Generation, Container Imprisonment, Dimensional Imprisonment, Entrapment Field Projection, Fantasy Imprisonment, Force-Field Imprisonment, Gut Imprisonment, Mind Imprisonment, Personal Void, Picture Imprisonment, Photographic Encapsulation, Spatial Imprisonment, Temporal Imprisonment, Video Imprisonment
- Chaining: surrounding object by robes/chains/lines that keep them confined. Examples: Chain Manipulation, Constriction, Whip Manipulation.
- Disabling: disabling the target by preventing their bodies/nerves from reacting. Examples: Electricity Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, Telepathy.
- Entombing: surrounding object completely by substance or other medium, so they can't move at all, or at best wiggle slightly. Examples: Burying, Drowning, Elemental Imprisonment, Telekinesis.
- Immobilization: object is locked/anchored on certain spot but can otherwise act. Examples: Body Immobilization, Immobility, Paralysis Inducement, Telekinesis, Time Stopping
- Absolute Storage
- Adhesion Manipulation
- Astral Trapping
- Aura Trapping
- Body Immobilization
- Deity Imprisonment
- Demon Imprisonment
- Dimensional Storage
- Dollhouse Monarchy
- Dream Imprisonment
- Entity Tethering
- Fantasy Imprisonment
- Force-Field Imprisonment
- Gravity Imprisonment
- Insertion & Removal
- Labyrinth Creation
- Labyrinth Manipulation
- Mass Reduction
- Mirror Imprisonment
- Nightmare Imprisonment
- Personal Void
- Sealed Form
- Spirit Barrier
- Technological Imprisonment
- Temporal Trapping
- Trapping Intuition
- Depending on the way used to bind the victim, they may be able to overpower/break their bindings.
- May be unable to generate the ways to bind and be limited to existing material.
- May have to stay close to the victim or the binding may break.
- Users of Teleportation/Intangibility can escape.
- Chest of Demons (The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo)
- Acēdia Katathlipsē (Horizon In The Middle of Nowhere)
- Beads of Subjugation (InuYasha)
- Sphere of Yun (Xiaolin Showdown)
- Pokéballs (Pokémon)
- Hide of Bondage (Kubera)
- Seven Ribbons of Hathor (The Kane Chronicles)